Announcing the official 1980s revival. My theory — if enough people dress like they did during the Reagan years, someone of similar stature and ability will come along in 2016.
What else am I looking for in 2013?
- Congress grows a collective set and smacks this imperial president around. (Not holding my breath on this one.)
- The economy continues to disimprove; my newspaper goes under; I go on unemployment and wind up with more take-home pay than when I worked full-time.
- The green Subaru, creaking a bit at 210K and which smells like the cigar bar in Hell, becomes the Fish Car. I read "Trout Madness" 25 years ago and ever since I have wanted a Fish Car.
- I master the art of the three-fly presentation a la Davy Wotton.
- I get down to 170 pounds and stay there. This is not unrealistic.
- Except for professional reasons, I ignore politics in 2013. I also ignore political posts by Facebook friends.
- I am going to start ironing some of my chinos and see how I like it.
- I am going to give Match.com three more months, and if I can't get something going then I am going into romantic retirement — which won't be much different than the status quo.
- Definitely taking a road trip to West Virginia to fish with Phil this spring — although probably not in the Fish Car.
- Explore out of the way Catskill streams this year. Ditto Connecticut and Massachusetts.