Friday, August 29, 2008

Rat's Ass Style



Ever heard the expression "I don't give a rat's ass about (such-and-such)"?

Well, I don't.

(Although I've often wondered where one would obtain a rat's ass, in case one
did give a...)

I am a burned-out case, in every aspect of, well, everything.

So I am using these last few days of official summer to stick it in the eye of the beholder. In this case I have the trusty Brooks sack blazer, a pair of Lands End skinn(ier) chinos, AE cordo Randolph penny loafers - and a splendidly obnoxious pink interplay between the tie and pocket square. All that pink and red really complements the broken veins in my nose.

Even these size 35 trousers are a little loose. I am not going to stop this diet and exercise routine until I look as close to Paul Newman in "Harper" as I can get (minus the short-sleeve shirt with a suit routine).

Yikes, what a world. Last night I ate something I am still tasting; tonight there was a problem with the furnace at work; they bled a line and I spent six hours breathing fuel oil fumes until my head about exploded.

I have no real idea what I am going to do next and despite the finery I can't buy a date in this goddamn backwater.

And I still need a haircut.

Screw it. I got yer rat's ass right here...


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, that's my look! The Lands End All Star Ensemble from AAAC Trad, my first post. My boss has a coffee cup that says "Who gives a rat's ass?," custom made for him by a former employee because it is one of his favorite sayings.

Anonymous said...

I think the tie is just too tight.

Tony Ventresca said...

"I have no real idea what I am going to do next and despite the finery I can't buy a date in this goddamn backwater."

I think you just answered your own question. Judging by your taste in movies, clothing, and apartment decor, I believe that you would be a lot more successful, both professionally and socially, in a medium- or large-size city. Unless you have a nasty personality flaw, cities have lots of women who would consider you a good catch.

Nobody likes moving, and I know you'd hate to be too far from your trout streams, but sometimes you just gotta do it. Get out your state road map and identify some cities close enough for fishing day trips.

By the way, the madras tie is sparklingly awesome.

TV