Thursday, June 26, 2008

Olive Drab WTH Style






It's hard to imagine anything duller to look at than an olive suit, so I tried to jazz it up with a ground stripe shirt, tie with leaping trout, and a pocket square shoved in any old which way.

Brooks Bros. olive poplin sack, tie, shirt and square from J. Press, and Footjoys.

I am pleased to report that we had a lady come in for admission who was a little on the rickety side, emotionally speaking, and she said my duds made her feel like she was in good hands.

And one of the fine lads said something unintentionally funny when he commented that I dress like a "Catholic pimp."

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chum,

That's a seriously sharp look. Olive poplin with the old school white stripe on blue oxford, and the navy motif tie. Bravo.

'H.

PS. I have an ol' olive sack that I should put to good use this way.

Tony Ventresca said...

I agree, it's the shirt which does the work here (a solid-colored shirt would have been too plain).

Anonymous said...

Have only recently stumbled upon your site (via Ask Andy) and am thoroughly enjoying it. Especially appreciated your observations of the funeral service. Its skillful blending of moods--poignancy and panache--is a hallmark of the entire blog. More, more! (And beware those tick bastards.)

Anonymous said...

Patrick, I see that you have mostly two-piece rods. Do you really see a difference in action between them and four-piece travel rods?
Xcubbies

Patrick said...

X-

That's just what's out from recent use. I have quite a few multi-piece rods - even a six-piece - and I can't really discern any real difference except that sometimes with a multi-piece the top bit comes off mid-cast if I haven't assembled it with a firm hand.

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what your talking about. Hopefully it doesn't happen in heavily-fished areas where there are many witnesses. The dumbest thing I ever saw while fishing was some guy on the San Juan, NM hooked a good size rainbow. In the process of unhooking it he put his net down to use both hands so as not to injure the fish. Of course the net floated away. The guy was me...

KJ said...

Had to smile at the reference to a 'catholic pimp'