Tuesday, July 1, 2008
Crucial Elements of Fishing
Here are some important things to remember when fishing - things that don't often get mentioned in the angling journals:
1. Assess the day with large amounts of caffeine. Clearly it is mid-morning in this shot, so any hope of an early hatch is shot to hell. Best thing is to get completely frantic on coffee and then take a nap.
2. Practice standing around looking manly. I do this in case a pickup containing one of those attractive gals featured in Fly Fisherman photo shoots happens by. It is impossible to overestimate the eroticism of a girl in waders holding a big-ass trout.
For some reason this tactic has never done me the slightest good, but I persist.
3. Find a shady spot for a streamside kip.
4. Inform the deer that the Hokey Pokey went out years ago.
5. Thank the duck family, in a voice dripping with sarcasm, for barging through just as the wary trout was starting to show some interest in my dry fly.
Posted by Patrick at 11:24 PM