Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Yes, I Am Full of Crap



No sooner do I post about having too much stuff and vowing a sell-off than my new shirts from Mercer arrive.

Every so often I buy new stuff, and I try to do so from small outfits that make their goods by hand. Ties and pocket squares (and, regrettably, scarves for hideous ex-girlfriends) from Sam Hober. Cuff links from Kent Wang. Bow ties from The Cordial Churchman.

And shirts from Mercer and Sons. A pink university stripe oxford buttondown and one of their snazzy Italian checks in the point collar. I like Mercers point collars a lot, I think they look good as sport shirts or with a tie (and I skip the stays, I like the rumpled collar bit, it's vaguely English somehow).

2 comments:

Farrago said...

Awesome shirts, aren't they. Got one in the pink uni stripe as well.

3button Max said...

mercer and sons shirts are great, collars like Brooks used to do i eighties( some of us (of a certain age ) may recollect unlinmed collars on ocbd- i have blue stripe-w/ a Jpress style flap pocket.