Friday, October 3, 2008

...And The Horse You Rode In On WTH Style





Some days just suck, and I knew this one would when I slept through my alarm.

Last night sucked as well, and it's just carried straight on through.

The death of my friend and mentor BKD has rattled me a little more than I care to admit, and the rest of life then dutifully tumbled into lockstep with a series of bush-league disasters and calamities that seem worse than they probably are.

And the hitch is that I cannot do a single solitary blessed thing about any of it...

Except get dressed and go to work.

This is where the Trad or Ivy Style really comes in handy - as armor. Anybody I encounter today will know intuitively that I mean business. (Even if I don't.)

In Dockers and a golf shirt, I'd just be Morty the Mook.

Feeling blue but going greenish, and fuck 'em if they can't take a joke.






The skinny: BB camelhair sack blazer (eBay); LL Bean oxford buttondown; LL Bean wool slacks (eBay); Bert Pulitzer tie (Ask Andy thrift exchange); Kent Wang pocket square; AE Hancocks in brown suede (eBay); J. Crew socks (outlet); RayBan Clubmasters (eBay); snarl is free - and priceless.

2 comments:

Laguna Beach Fogey said...

Well, I hope you feel better. Sorry to hear it. Keep a stiff upper lip, and all that. Perhaps your sour mood has been exacerbated by the lack of cuffs on your trousers?

Charles said...

Loose


That


Tie