Friday, October 10, 2008

Bob's Boss Hawg



My friend Bob caught this stupendous largemouth bass in a small fishing tournament last week. It is an impressive mamma-tamma.

I am a fly rod guy, but I admire the art of spincasting, especially since I cannot get a spinning lure to travel in a straight line to save my life.

If you were expecting some sort of "What the Well-Dressed Angler Is Wearing" essay, forget it. Bob has many things, but style is not one of them.

He does, however, have a cool boat, and his fish is bigger than my fish.

Details from the angler:

Patrick,
Sure you can put a picture on your blog. I caught this one on Sunday(10/05/08) at Laurel Lake in Lee, Mass. It weighs 8lb 14oz and was released unharmed after a boat ride to the weigh-in. I'm guessing this fish is 16 to 18 years old. This fish was a nice way to close our club tournament season.

The particulars:
water temp 58
water clarity 6'
air temp 39
bait bottom contact plastic
depth caught 21'





No comments: